We're guessing that you had no idea April was National Grilled Cheese Month. Yeah, we didn't know, either. As if you have to designate a month to honor the gooey, calcium-fortified, deliciously creamy-on-the-inside-yet-crispy-on-the-outside sandwich that we learned to love as kids. We'll order it any old month of the year, any day of the week. Bucktown's Silver Cloud, well known for its delicious, homey comfort food, says that Sunday, April 12 (Easter, incidentally) is National Grilled Cheese DAY. So instead of a stuffy Easter brunch, Silver Cloud is offering four different varieties of grilled cheese sandwiches, each accompanied by a bowl of classic Campbell's tomato soup. Each soup-and-sandwich pairing is $6. Here are the choices:
- Grilled Cheese Florentine | spinach, tomato and provolone cheese
- Grilled Cheese Florentine – spinach, tomato and provolone
- Buffalo Grilled Cheese - buffalo sauce, tomato, celery, bleu cheese and mozzarella
- Four Cheese Pesto Grilled Cheese - pesto, jack cheese, mozzarella, cheddar and Swiss
- Classic Grilled Cheese - special cheese blend on Italian bread
Silver Cloud Bar & Grill
1700 N. Damen Ave.