Family-owned Leona's has been serving up pasta to Chicagoans since 1950. Founded by Leona Molinaro, the restaurant which originated in Lakeview has grown to 12 locations owned and operated by her grandsons.
Last year's sales showed lasagna as the most popular selling item on their vast and varied menu. As a result, owner Leon Toia (yes, he's Leona's grandson – how did you guess?) has revamped the menu to feature 11 lasagna dishes. A few of these dishes include:
• Five Cheese Lasagna with Tomato Cream & Romano Chicken
• Spinach & Artichoke Lasagna & Roasted Salmon
• Five Cheese Lasagna, Tomato Cream Sauce & Grilled Shrimp
• Italian Meats Lasagna & Homemade Big-A-Meat-Ball
• Red and White Lasagna with Roasted Portabella Mushroom
• Five Cheese Lasagna with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Broccoli
All lasagnas fall in the $12 price range and are typically large, Leona's-sized portions.
Check out Leona's web site for the location nearest you to try out one of these decadent noodle dishes.