With the whole world worried about contracting the dreaded Swine Flu, it's hard not to have feelings of fear, helplessness and general hypochondria… and possibly extreme hatred toward pigs. Short of holing yourself up in the house and avoiding all human contact, there really isn't too much you can do to protect yourself 100 percent of the time, so why not ''take back the pig'' so-to-speak and enjoy some tasty pork products around town. Here are a few of the pork-i-licious dishes that are worth snorting about*:
1) The Publican - Chef's selection of three aged hams served with goat butter and peasant bread. ($18) 837 W. Fulton Market. 312-733-9555.
2) The Grocery Bistro – Shared plate of roasted boneless pork ribs with apples and sauerkraut ($8) 804 W. Washington Blvd. 312-850-9291.
3) The Bristol - Grilled flatbread with bacon and melted sweet onion ($6) 2152 N. Damen Ave. 773-862-5555.
4) Farmerie 58 - Duroc pork chop with currant soffritto, roasted fingerling potato and mustard greens ($20) 58 E. Ontario St. 312-440-1818.
5) Old Oak Tap - Pork Sampler with braised bacon, grilled sausages, pulled shoulder ($12) 2109 W. Chicago Ave. 773-772-0406.
*Menus subject to change; call ahead.