Is there anything that screams an American summer more than a fat juicy hamburger?
Rockit Bar & Grill is kicking off the season with its annual Burgerfest.
This week at the restaurant's River North and Wrigleyville locations, Executive Chef James Gottwald will feature a different burger each day.
- Monday: Mushroom Burger -- Black Angus Patty, Chef-Selected Wild Mushrooms and Truffle Aioli served on a Toasted Parkerhouse Bun with side of regular french fries.
- Tuesday: Salmon Burger -- Farm-Raised Atlantic Salmon Patty, Pickled Red Onion and Spinach Pesto served on a Toasted Black Pepper Brioche Bun with side of Salad.
- Wednesday: Black Angus "Oscar" Burger -- Lump Crab Patty, Asparagus and Bearnaise Sauce served on a Parkerhouse Bun with side of regular french fries.
- Thursday: Pork Burger -- Ground Pork Patty topped with Maple Glazed Braised Pork Belly, Michigan Apple Slaw served on Toasted Parkerhouse Bun with side of Sweet Potato French Fries.
- Friday: Foie and Truffle Burger -- Kobe Beef Patty topped with Foie Gras, Balsamic Onion Marmalade served on a Brioche Bun with Truffle Fries.
All burgers cost $12. Milkshakes are also available, including strawberry, vanilla or chocolate topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
Now it's definitely starting to feel like summer.