It doesn't take long for a major news event to inspire mixologists to create a new crop of specialty drinks. This year's election was the most recent example, with Obama and McCain concoctions popping up all over the city.
Now it appears that politics is the gift that keeps on giving. The Blagojevich scandal is no doubt a popular topic of conversation at area bars, but now you can literally drink it all in.
- Rinse a 16 ounce pint glass with half an ounce Peach Rakija (fruit brandy from Blagojevich's native Serbia-if unavailable, substitute peach schnapps).
- Discard the excess rakija (aka Blagojevich's brandy).
- Add 2 Ounces Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (Patrick Quinn LOVES chocolate), 1 teaspoon of whole Cardamom seeds (an elusive spice that figures prominently in Chicago's North Shore Gin) and 1 ounce Grand Marnier (both men have grandiose expectations).
- Shake vigorously with fresh ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Serve trés apropos with two twists.