NOTE: NBC 5 will offer complete live coverage of the 2018 race beginning at 7 a.m. CT online and on TV. The race can be streamed live from around world on the NBC Chicago app, which will also offer a live stream of the finish line from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Click here for more.
On Oct. 7, thousands of runners and millions of spectators will descend on the city for the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Here's a look at what you need to know about street closures on race day -
Locations: The start and finish lines are both located in Grant Park on Columbus Drive. The 26.2-mile course runs through 29 Chicago neighborhoods — extending north to Sheridan Road, west to Damen and south to 35th Street.
Race start times: The wheelchair start will begin at 7:20 a.m., the handcycle start at 7:22 a.m. and the Athletes with Disabilities start at 7:23 a.m. Wave 1 participants will begin the race at 7:30 a.m., Wave 2 at 8 a.m. and Wave 3 at 8:35 a.m. [[435253823, C]]
Parking: No parking zones along the course will be enforced beginning at 1 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 8. Towing of vehicles parked along the marathon course also begins at this time.
Street Closures: Streets will close along the marathon route between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 7, reopening as soon as the final runners pass through (at a 15-minute mile pace). Below is a full list of street closures with anticipated closing and opening times from the Chicago Marathon and Chicago Department of Transportation.
- Columbus Dr.: Start to Grand Ave. 7-10:00 a.m.
- Grand Ave.: Columbus Dr. to State St. 7-10:00 a.m.
- State St.: Grand Ave. to Jackson Blvd. 7-10:30 a.m.
- Jackson Blvd.: State St. to LaSalle St. 7-10:30 a.m.
- LaSalle St.: Jackson Blvd. to Stockton Dr. 7-11:30 a.m.
- Stockton Dr.: LaSalle Dr. to Fullerton Dr. 7-11:45 a.m.
- Fullerton Dr.: Stockton Dr. to Cannon Dr. 7-11:45 a.m.
- Cannon Dr.: Fullerton Dr. to Sheridan Rd. 7-11:45 a.m.
- Sheridan Rd.: Diversey Pkwy. to Belmont Ave. 7-11:45 a.m.
- Inner Lakeshore Dr.: Belmont Ave. to Sheridan Rd. 7 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Sheridan Rd.: Inner Lakeshore Dr. to Broadway 7 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Broadway: Sheridan Rd. to Briar Pl. 7 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Broadway: Briar Pl. to Diversey Pkwy. 7 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Clark St.: Diversey Pkwy. to Fullerton Pkwy. 7 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Clark St.: Fullerton Pkwy. to Webster Ave. 7 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Webster Ave.: Clark St. to Sedgwick St. 7 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Sedgwick St.: Webster Ave. to North Ave. 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- North Ave.: Sedgwick St. to Wells St. 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wells St.: North Ave. to Walton St. 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wells St.: Walton St. to Wacker Dr. 7 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Wacker Dr.: Wells St. to Franklin St. 7 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Franklin St.: Wacker Dr. to Monroe St. 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Monroe St.: Franklin St. to Jefferson St. 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Jefferson St.: Monroe St. to Adams St. 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Adams St.: Jefferson St. to Damen Ave. 7 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
- Damen Ave.: Adams St. to Jackson Blvd. 7 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
- Jackson Blvd.: Damen Ave. to Halsted St. 7 a.m.-2:15 p.m.
- Halsted St.: Jackson Blvd. to Taylor St. 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Taylor St.: Halsted St. to Loomis St. 7 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
- Loomis St.: Taylor St. to 18th St. 7 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
- 18th St.: Loomis St. to Halsted St. 7 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Halsted St.: 18th St. to Canalport Ave. 7 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Canalport Ave.: Halsted St. to Cermak Rd. 7 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Cermak Rd.: Canalport Ave. to Wentworth Ave. 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Wentworth Ave.: Cermak Rd. to 33rd St. 7 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
- 33rd St.: Wentworth Ave. to State St. 7 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
- State St.: 33rd St. to 35th St. 7 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- 35th St.: State St. to Indiana Ave. 7 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Indiana Ave.: 35th St. to 31st St. 7 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- 31st St.: Indiana Ave. to Michigan Ave. 7 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
- Michigan Ave.: 31st St. to Roosevelt Rd. 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Roosevelt Rd.: Michigan Ave. to Columbus Dr. 7 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Columbus Dr.: Roosevelt Rd. to Finish 7 a.m.-6:00 p.m.