Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. This morning, all the talk centers on Kyle Long, the Bears' first-round draft pick.
- Kyle Long was arrested and went into rehab while in college. Both he and Phil Emery claim those character issues are in the past. (Chicago Tribune)
- You have no idea who Long is, but Phil Emery doesn't care. The Bears general manager says he was 100 percent yes on the lineman. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Long played for Oregon just one year, and only started five games. His small body of work brings up questions. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears are keeping an eye out for a quarterback in the draft, but not in the early rounds. They weren't the only team who put off picking a QB. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Emery made another obscure first-round draft pick on Thursday night. We'll have to wait and see if this one works out. (Chicago Tribune)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media