President Barack Obama's second inauguration takes place today, and there's a lot going on. Some highlights from around the web:
- In 2009, an estimated 1.8 million people came out to watch Barack Obama's first inauguration, this time around the crowd is expected to be a measly 700,000. Still, more than 2,000 cops from around the country will be on hand to give the DC PD a hand.
- Though enthusiasm is more subdued that at Obama's first inaugurationl, there is one guy who wanted so badly to witness history that he's been selling his blood to pay for his trip to D.C., CNN reports
- The first piece of cake eaten by Obama during his second term will no doubt have been baked by former "Ace of Cakes" star Duff Goldman, and served at the Commander in Chief's Ball. Dessert will be about four feet high, weigh 50 pounds and "glitter is going to be all over the place," Fox News says.
- You've no doubt seen Michelle Obama's new bangs, and now it can be revealed what she, Sasha and Malia will be wearing for today's festivities.
- And this is your last chance to learn how to spell
inaugration inaguration"inauguration," a word that has vexed hundreds of Twitterers and reporters over the past month, ABC says.