Paris Terror Attack: Confusion Reigns Amid Manhunt

France Newspaper Attack
AP

U.S. counterterrorism officials have told NBC News they cannot be certain what the status is of the three suspects in the Paris terror attack on a satirical magazine's offices, citing conflicting information from French sources. Two U.S. officials had earlier told NBC News that one suspect was dead and two others were in custody, but those sources later said the information that account was based on couldn’t be confirmed. Meanwhile, French authorities released photos of two of the suspects, Said Kouachi and Cherif Kouachi, French brothers in their 30s, and asked for the public's help in finding them. The third suspect, Hamyd Mourad, 18, has surrendered to police, authorities said. Ten journalists and two police officers were killed in the Wednesday morning attack on the offices of Charlie Hebdo, which has courted controversy with satirical attacks on political and religious leaders. It is the worst terrorist incident in France in 54 years.

Read More

Contact Us