Police: Firefighter Went Into Store Nude on Dare to Buy Soda - NBC Chicago
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Police: Firefighter Went Into Store Nude on Dare to Buy Soda

Police said the man's girlfriend had "dared" him to go into the store nude



    Firefighter Placed on Leave for Walking Into 7-Eleven Naked

    A Massachusetts firefighter has been placed on leave after police say he walked into a Rhode Island 7-Eleven naked.

    (Published Thursday, April 11, 2019)

    A Massachusetts firefighter police say walked nude into a Rhode Island convenience store because he thought it was legal has been placed on leave.

    Police responded to a 7-Eleven on Aquidneck Avenue in Middletown around 3 p.m. April 3 for a report of a naked customer. The owner said the man with a "smile on his face" purchased a Diet Coke, and left in a car.

    The owner said she "went into shock and called 911 because she thought the man might assault her," according to the police report.

    The owner gave police a license plate number, and the car, with two fully-clothed occupants inside, was pulled over a short time later. The passenger said she "dared" her boyfriend to go into the store nude because he said it was legal in Rhode Island.

    Which Airlines and Airports Are Delayed the Most?

    [NATL] Which Airlines and Airports Are Delayed the Most?

    Data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics reveal which airlines and airports have had the most delays from January to August, 2019. They also show which carriers and airports have done a great job getting you to your destination on time.

    (Published Monday, Nov. 11, 2019)

    John Walsh, of Lynnfield, was charged with disorderly conduct.

    Lynnfield Fire Chief Glenn Davis tells The Daily Item the 60-year-old Walsh, a 40-year veteran and fire captain, has been placed on paid administrative leave.

    "The Lynnfield Fire Department is aware of the charges pending against Captain John Walsh," Davis said in a statement to NBC10 Boston. "We take the charges against Captain Walsh very seriously."

    Walsh didn't return calls seeking comment.