Chicago Ideas Week is underway, and we’re highlighting Mega Talks and speakers to consider as the week unfolds. Take a look at what’s going on today:
Today’s CIW Megatalk: Tech and Web
Why you should care: This Megatalk is packed with internet experts that continue to shape technology. Eric Lefkofsky, chairman of Groupon and partner in venture capital firm Lightbank, and Tim Westergren founder of Pandora, headline the discussion of what has changed lives so far and what’s yet to come. Also included is Mitch Lowe, the founder of Redbox and co-founder of Netflix, the beginning of the end of video stores. Peter Barris of New Enterprise Associates – the first to snag a share in Groupon – is also on the panel.
It’s a weighty list of tech and web entrepreneurs and those who believe in them:
- · Bo Fishback: Founder & CEO, Zaarly
- · Bruce Mau: Co-Founder, Massive Change Network
- · Eric Lefkofsky: Managing Partner, LightBank, Chairman, Groupon
- · Gian Fulgoni: Executive Chairman & Co-Founder, comScore
- · Julie Novack: SVP Mobile Solutions, Vibes
- · Lifelens Team: Microsoft Imagine Cup Winners, 2011
- · Mitch Lowe: President, Redbox
- · Peter Barris: Managing General Partner, New Enterprise Associates
- · Ted Leonsis: Founder & Chairman, Monumental Sports & Entertainment
- · Tim Westergren: Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, Pandora Media, Inc.
- · Travis Kalanick: Co-Founder & CEO, Uber
This should be a lively discussion and one of the reasons Chicago Ideas Week has come about.
Facts: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Northwestern University’s Thorne Auditorium, 375 W. Chicago Ave. Tickets are still available for some events.
For more great speakers, and to see them streaming live, head to nbcchicago.com and search Chicago Ideas Week.