The 2022 Bank of America Chicago 13.1 steps off next month, making its comeback from a two-year pandemic-induced hiatus.
From the race route to packet pick-up days to post-race swag, here's what you need to know about the inaugural summer event.
Thousands of runners will descend on the streets of Chicago for the Bank of America 13.1 on June 5 — and if you're looking to join the 13.1-mile venture around the city, there's still time to sign up.
Feeling out of the loop? We'll catch you up on the Chicago news you need to know. Sign up for the weekly Chicago Catch-Up newsletter here.
The event will accept registrations until its 8,000-person capacity is reached, or June 3. To secure a spot at the starting line, click here.
Registration is accompanied with a $95 entry fee currently, but the fee will increase to $115 at 11:59 p.m. May 19.
Throughout the race, runners will be guided through Humboldt Park, Garfield Park and Douglass Park, according to the course revealed by organizers early April.
The scene largely encompasses the West Side of the city. To view the full route, click here.
Runners will get their start at Central Park Avenue on Washington Boulevard in Garfield Park. The first wave will step off at 7 a.m.
Finish Line Swag
All participants will be given a bib number and timing device, as well as finish line drip, including a participant bag and Nike shirt designed by local artist Lefty Out There.
A finisher's medal also will be awarded to runners at the end of the race. The matte black medal is scored with silver text and drapes from a patterned band with red, blue, silver and black accents that can be found on the shirt, too.
Packet Pick-Up Days
To gear up for the race, participants can head to one of two available packet pick-up days at 150 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Packets will be available for pick up from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. June 3, or from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 4.
Street closures will start at 6:30 a.m. June 5, shortly before of the first wave of runners take off. The final round of closures are expected to be lifted at 10:30 a.m.
Parking will be prohibited on the race route starting June 4.
Closed areas will include:
- Schraeder Drive to Central Park Avenue
- Central Park Avenue from Schraeder Drive to Franklin Boulevard
- Franklin Boulevard from Central Park Avenue to Homan Avenue
- Franklin Boulevard from Homan Avenue to Sacramento Boulevard
- Sacramento Boulevard from Franklin Boulevard to Augusta Boulevard
- Sacramento Boulevard from Augusta Boulevard to Luis Munoz Marin Drive
- Luis Munoz Marin Drive from Humboldt Drive to Humboldt Boulevard
- Luis Munoz Marin Drive from Humboldt Boulevard to Cortez Street
- Luis Munoz Marin Drive from Cortez Street to Sacramento Boulevard
- Sacramento Boulevard from Luiz Munoz Marin Drive to Franklin Boulevard
- Franklin Boulevard from Sacramento Boulevard to Central Park Avenue
- Central Park Avenue from Franklin Boulevard to Fulton Boulevard
- Central Park Avenue from Fulton Boulevard to Schraeder Drive
- Schraeder Drive from Central Park Avenue to Hamlin Avenue
- Hamlin Avenue from Schraeder Drive to Madison Street
- Madison Street from Hamlin Boulevard to Central Park Avenue
- Central Park Avenue from Jackson Boulevard to Polk Street
- Polk Street from Central Park Avenue to Independence Boulevard
- Independence Boulevard from Polk Street to Roosevelt Road
- Independence Boulevard from Roosevelt Road to Douglas Boulevard
- Douglas Boulevard from Independence Boulevard to Albany Avenue
- Sacramento Drive from Douglas Boulevard to Ogden Avenue
- Ogden Avenue from Sacramento Drive to Farrar Drive
- Farrar Drive from Ogden Avenue to Sacramento Drive
- Sacramento Drive from Farrar Drive to Douglas Boulevard
- Douglas Boulevard from Sacramento Drive to Central Park Avenue
- Douglas Boulevard from Central Park Avenue to Independence Boulevard
- Independence Boulevard from Douglas Boulevard to Polk Street
- Polk Street from Independence Boulevard to Central Park Avenue
- Central Park Avenue from Polk Street to Lexington Street
- Central Park Avenue from Lexington Street to Madison Street
- Madison Street from Central Park Avenue to Hamlin Avenue
- Hamlin Avenue from Madison Street to Washington Boulevard
- Washington Boulevard to Hamlin Avenue
Vehicles that are parked along the closed streets will be ticketed and towed. Information about towed vehicles can be found at (312)744-4444. For more information about road closures, click here.