Record turnout is expected in Ilinois on Tuesday. So officials at the McHenry County Department of Health decided to take advantage of the opportunity. There offering flu vaccinations with your ballot. They've even come up with a clever little name. Vote and Vax.
The clinics will be open from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., according to a release from the health department. The locations are:
• Whispering Hills Community Center, 4708 Jeffrey St., Johnsburg
• The Church of Holy Apostles, 5211 W. Bull Valley Rd., McHenry
• St. Barnabas Lutheran Church, 8901 Cary-Algonquin Rd., Cary
• Marengo Rescue Office, 110 Telegraph St., Marengo
• Huntley Park District, 12015 Mill St., Huntley
The “Vote & Vax” project is a national partnership between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and Sickness Prevention Achieved through Regional Collaboration (SPARC). Medicare Part B covers the shot in full. The cost is $35.