Police are warning residents of a string of recent carjackings in North Side neighborhoods.
In each incident, someone is rear-ended, and once they get out of their vehicle to exchange information, up to three males jump in their vehicle and speed away from the scene, Chicago police said in a community alert.
The robberies happened:
- About 6:30 a.m. Aug. 21, in the 4400 block of North Wolcott Avenue;
- About 9:40 a.m., Aug. 23, in the 300 block of West 23rd Street;
- About 10:55 a.m. June 21, in the 3400 Block of North Lakeshore Drive;
- About 11 a.m. Aug. 21, in the 600 block of West Irving Park Road; and
- About 11:20 a.m. Aug. 23, in the 100 block of North Sangamon Avenue.
Feeling out of the loop? We'll catch you up on the Chicago news you need to know. Sign up for the weekly Chicago Catch-Up newsletter here.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area Three detectives at 312-744-8263.