Famed Lincoln Park restaurant Alinea continues to rack up awards and accolades, once again garnering the title of one of the best restaurants in the U.S. by TripAdvisor.
The travel website named Alinea as the fourth-best restaurant in the U.S. in its Travelers' Choice awards, which are chosen based on the quality and quantity of reviews for a given restaurant over the last year.
TripAdvisor touted Alinea as "the high theater of modern American cuisine" and highlighted the restaurant's efforts to put "flavor and fresh ingredients first."
One reviewer wrote, “Food is truly art at Alinea. The courses went from excellent to mind-blowing and finished with laughter and amusement.”
Last year, Alinea, founded by Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas,closed its doors to completely reinvent itself. The world-renowned restaurant overhauled the storefront at 1723 N. Halsted St. and revamped its multi-course menu.
"Some people are calling this iteration Alinea 2.0 or the Alinea Reboot," the restaurant's website reads. "We just call it Alinea. Because all along we’ve always desired to embrace innovation and change as our core identity."
TripAdvisor's top 10 fine dining restaurants in the U.S. are, in order:
1. Daniel – New York City, New York
2. Victoria & Albert’s – Orlando, Florida
3. Charleston Grill – Charleston, South Carolina
4. Alinea – Chicago, Illinois
5. Chef and the Farmer – Kinston, North Carolina
6. Halls Chophouse – Charleston, South Carolina
7. Geronimo – Santa Fe, New Mexico
8. Mama’s Fish House – Paia, Hawaii
9. Restaurant Gary Danko – San Francisco, California
10. Merriman’s – Kapalua, Hawaii