Police are warning the public about a string of vehicle thefts from parking garages last month in River North and the Gold Coast on the Near North Side.
In each case, suspects entered a public or private parking garage and checked for unlocked vehicles, according to a community alert from Chicago police. They drove away in vehicles that had keys left inside.
The vehicle thefts occurred in the evening hours on the following dates:
- Dec. 23 in the 400 block of North Clark Street;
- Dec. 23 in the 400 block of North Franklin Street;
- Dec. 23 in the 100 block of West Illinois Street;
- Dec. 27 in the 100 block of East Chicago Avenue;
- Dec. 27 in the first block of West Delaware Place;
- Dec. 29 in the first block of East Ohio Street;
- Dec. 30 in the first block of East Chestnut Street and
- Dec. 30 in the 400 block of North State Street.
The suspects were described as a group of one to three males between 15 and 20 years old, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8382.