As students submit their applications for college, it appears some schools in Illinois will be handing out more rejection letters than others.
A new ranking from Niche, a website that provides reviews of schools across the country, has revealed the hardest colleges to get into in Illinois for 2019, dubbing the University of Chicago as the toughest college in the state.
The ranking compared acceptance rates and SAT/ACT test scores using data from the U.S. Department of Education.
According to the ranking, University of Chicago has an SAT range of 1450-1600 and an acceptance rate of 8 percent.
Second on Illinois’ list was Northwestern University, which had an SAT range of 1400-1560 and an acceptance rate of 11 percent.
These are the top 10 on the list:
1. University of Chicago
2. Northwestern University
3. Robert Morris University-Illinois
4. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
5. Illinois Institute of Technology
6. Illinois Wesleyan University
7. Augustana College
8. University of St. Francis-Illinois
9. Eastern Illinois University
10. Governors State University
See the full list here.