Chicago police are warning Near North Side residents about a string of strong-arm robberies that have occurred in August and September.
Three to five men in their early 20s have been approaching people on the street and either threatening them or using force to steal their property, Chicago police said.
The robberies have all happened in the evening and morning hours between Aug. 25 and Sept. 11, police said. They happened in:
· The first block of West Elm Street;
· The 1100 block of North La Salle Drive;
· The 200 block of West Ontario Street;
· The 300 block of North State Street; and
· The 400 block of North Dearborn Street.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8380.