Police are warning residents in Wicker Park and Bucktown about a recent string of carjackings and robberies
In each of the six incidents, two or three armed males stepped out of a black vehicle and robbed the victim and forced them to unlock their cellphone, Chicago police said. In some of the incidents, the robbers took the victim’s car.
- 9 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 2300 block of West Wabansia Avenue.
- 1:45 a.m. Aug. 12 in the 1700 block of West LeMoyne Street
- 4 a.m. Aug. 14 in the 1700 block of North Milwaukee Avenue
- 4:50 a.m. Aug. 15 in the 1400 block of North Elk Grove Avenue
- 2:35 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 1500 block of North Damen Avenue
- 2:40 a.m. Aug. 17 in the 2700 block of West Hirsch Street
Get Chicago local news, weather forecasts, sports and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Chicago newsletters.
Anyone with information was asked to call Area Five detectives at (312) 746-7394.