Looking for an excuse to shop?
Find your justification on Sept. 8th as Chicago area retailers continue to jump on the Fashion's Night Out bandwagon even more stylish events this year.
The event, scheduled around Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week, was launched in 2009 as a way to encourage retail sales and support for the fashion industry during tough economic times. Events were only held in New York City the first year, but since then it's expanded worldwide.
Chicago stores will be hosting several free events:
- 900 North Michigan Shops are teaming up with CS Magazine and Gilt City for 900's Night Out: Fame, Fashion and Flavor, highlighted by an appearance by Bravo TV's Brad Goreski, a flash fashion show, a Bloomingdale's beauty bazaar, DJ beats, apps, cocktails and more. 6-9 p.m.
- Macy's on State Street offers appearances by Kelly Osbourne and a "Runway to Reality" fashion show hosted by Kyle Richards of the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," music by Hey Champ from 6-11 p.m.
- Water Tower Place stores are offering steep discounts, makeovers, raffles, a Betsey Johnson fashion show and an appearance by "The Real Housewives of New Jersery’s" Teresa Giudice. 6-9 p.m.
- Oak Street will be bustling with activity with several stores participating in FNO. The merchant's association is hosting a raffle for a number of swanky giveaways from 5-8 p.m. Click here for a full list of FNO activities.
- Nordstrom Michigan Avenue offers an evening of entertainment, refreshments and prizes, plus instant glam updates from beauty stylists from 6-9 p.m.
- The fellas will want to head to Shrine Haberdashers for a night of shopping, tasting and tailoring in conjunction with Sebastien Grey and HALO [FOR MEN]. 7-9 p.m.
- Oakbrook Center hosts events from 5-8 p.m. including goodie bags, fashion shows and live music.
- AllSaints (700 North Michigan Ave) will host a special DJ set by Avi Sic from 7-10 p.m., complimentary cocktails and 20 percent discounts.
- After you're all shopped out, head over to Wicker Park's The Bedford before midnight for a complimentary glass of champagne to any woman who presents a receipt for a retail purchase earlier that night.