Keeping a close eye on such things, as we like to do around here, we can report exclusively on the April Fool's Day pranks our esteemed public officials expect to play today.
- Mayor Daley hires an employee based on merit. Just kidding!
- Dick Durbin re-accepts Roland Burris to the U.S. Senate. Yeah, right! Unless that prank is racist. Then I really will. When will you be here? Or I'll come to you . . .
- Rod Blagojevich: "I totally did it! Not!"
- Patti Blagojevich: "He totally did it! No, really. I'm ready to cut a deal."
- Democratic legislative leaders Mike Madigan and John Cullerton endorse campaign finance reform. For Indiana!
- Todd Stroger applies for online MBA. You wish!
- State Attorney General Lisa Madigan announces charges against her dad. Guilty of loving me too much!
- State Treasurer and wealthy banking heir Alexi Giannoulias announces plan to put Illinoisans back to work by hiring them all to work on his lawn. Ha ha! So funny. Who's up for some hoops?
- President Obama tells Daley to clean up his act. Because the IOC is coming to town!