Chicago Police are warning people who walk or commute in the Loop about a series of recent robberies on sidewalks and CTA platforms.
The suspects walk up to victims from behind and rip their cellphones or headphones away, sometimes using force, according to a community alert from Area Central detectives.
The robberies happened:
- about 1:30 a.m. March 6 in the 0-100 block of East Randolph;
- about 7:30 p.m. March 17 in the 100 block of North State;
- about 10:15 p.m. March 31 in the 0-100 block of South Wabash;
- about 9:25 p.m. April 1 in the 0-100 block of East Lake;
- about 9:35 p.m. April 1 in the 0-100 block of South Dearborn; and
- about 11:40 a.m. April 4 in the 100 block of North Wabash.
The suspects, described as black males between 10 and 23, work in a group or individually, police said.
Anyone with information should call detectives at (312) 747-8384.