Police are warning of several burglaries to businesses on Chicago’s North Side that have taken place within the last week.
In a recent alert, police said thieves have been shattering the front glass on the doors and windows of businesses in the city’s Lakeview neighborhood. Most of the incidents have taken place during the overnight hours.
The burglaries include:
- 3400 block of N. Clark St., on April 26, 2016 between 10:00 p.m. - 3:25 a.m.
- 3100 block of N. Broadway on April 26, 2016 between 11:00 p.m. - 4:52 a.m.
- 4400 block of N. Broadway on 28 April 2016 between 12:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- 2800 block of N. Clark St., on Apr 29, 2016 between 6:00 p.m. - 3:15 a.m.
- 900 block of W. Diversey Ave., on May 03, 2016 between 12:00 p.m. - 3:35 a.m.
The Torta Haus was among those targeted in the thefts and said their surveillance cameras captured a man with a crowbar cracking the front door of the business. The man leaves, then returns 5 minutes later with gloves and kicks in the door.
The owner of the business said the thief left with $100 in cash from the register.
“On the tape it was so easy for him,” said Robert Medina. “He looked like he was at the line in the store buying groceries. It was like nothing to him.”
Anyone with information on the incidents is asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.