skokie

Police: Two Dead in Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Skokie

Police are conducting a death investigation but do not suspect foul play, they said

Two people died after they were found inside a north suburban garage with high carbon monoxide levels early Saturday, police said.

The Skokie Police Department responded to a call for assistance at a garage in the 8100 block of Keating Avenue about 5:45 a.m., police said in a statement.

Officers found two people who needed medical attention, police said. Those individuals — whose ages and genders were not released — were later pronounced dead. Additional details were not known Sunday morning.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office could not confirm the deaths Sunday morning.

The Skokie Fire Department assisted and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the garage, police said.

Police are conducting a death investigation. They said they do not suspect foul play.

Copyright CHIST - SunTimes
Contact Us