Chicago police are issuing a community alert after thieves stole central air conditioning units and condensers from five different properties.
According to authorities, the thefts have occurred at five locations over the last three weeks, with three of the thefts occurring on June 29, police said.
In each theft, three African-American men used a variety of tools to steal air conditioning equipment from the locations, but no suspects are in custody.
The thefts have occurred:
- 4200 block of South Vincennes on June 29 at 3 a.m.
- 500 block of East 42nd Street on June 29 at 12:43 p.m.
- 4600 block of South Saint Lawrence on June 29 at 3 p.m.
- 600 block of East 42nd Street between July 6 and 8
- 4100 block of South Calumet on July 11 between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Anyone with information on the thefts is encouraged to call Chicago police at 312-747-8384.