A passenger was sickened after being stung by a scorpion on a flight to Chicago late Monday night, officials said.
The incident occurred aboard AeroMexico Flight 682, from Mexico City to O'Hare International Airport, according to a statement from AeroMexico.
Chicago fire officials confirmed they were called to O'Hare just before 11 p.m. after a 32-year-old man was stung by a scorpion in the right elbow.
The man told authorities he had been stung two hours earlier, when the flight was in the air. The man refused treatment and was not transported from the scene, the fire department said. [[426794781, C]]
Passengers said they were held on the plane as emergency responders arrived.
“There was a call for a medical personnel because there was an emergency on board,” said passenger Monica Amborn. “We didn’t really know what it was."
"The passenger was seen by paramedics upon arrival," the airline said, and "showed no adverse reaction to the sting and left in stable condition."
"Aeromexico is committed with its passengers and crew safety as it is our top priority in every operation," the statement ended.