Chicago police are warning North Side residents after a string of motorcycle thefts over the last month.
The thefts, seven in all, have taken place primarily during late evening and overnight hours. In all of the thefts, the thief has stolen motorcycles from residences.
Here is the list of thefts:
- about 8 a.m. Aug. 17 in the 2100 block of West Melrose,
- between 5 p.m. Aug. 28 and 9 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 4700 block of North Ravenswood,
- between 10 p.m. Aug. 30 and 9:30 a.m. Aug. 31 in the 4600 block of North Clarendon,
- between 11 a.m. and 3:50 p.m Sept. 5 in the 3600 block of North Pine Grove,
- between 9:30 p.m. Sept. 6 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 7 in the 2700 block of North Magnolia ,
- between midnight and 8 a.m. Sept. 13 in the 2200 block of West Fletcher; and
- about 8:40 p.m. in the 2400 block of North Cannon.
No description of a potential thief has been provided by police.
Anyone with information on the thefts is encouraged to call 911, or the police’s Bureau of Detectives at 312-744-8263.