Indianapolis Man Dies After Snowblower Catches Fire

News-Times / Carol Kaliff / AP

An Indianapolis man has died after his snowblower caught fire and the flames spread to his clothing.

Fire officials say 78-year-old Jonnie Douglas may have been smoking and ignited fumes as he poured gasoline into the snowblower about 5:30 p.m. Monday.

Firefighters responded to find heavy smoke coming from the attached garage of a home.

Douglas later died at a hospital.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us