Groupon Watch: SEC Study May Delay IPO, $10.2 mil Zappedy Buy
Groupon's IPO may be put off by more study of its accounting practices by the SEC, according to reports. Also, last week the company bought Zappedy, a Chilean startup, and today it’s reported to be over $10.2 million in stock. Not bad. Publishers of Time Out have plans to rival Groupon in ticket sale deals, and the Seeking Alpha blog opines that Groupon’s profitability is “only a matter of time.” Also, Forbes blog suggests keeping an eye out for Expedia’s earnings tomorrow – they may be impacted by Groupon’s partnership. Read on:
- Groupon's IPO may be prolonged by more SEC scrutiny. (CNBC).
- Groupon buys Zappedy for over $10.2 million in stock. (TechCrunch).
- Time Out has plans to turn into a “Ticketmaster with reviews,” a new twist to ticket-buying and more rivalry for Groupon. (Bloomberg).
- Step aside, critics: Groupon’s profits are on the way. Get ready. (Seeking Alpha).
- Watch for a Groupon spike in Expedia’s Q2 earnings tomorrow. (Forbes).