Suburban Rehabilitation Center Evacuated Because of Carbon Monoxide Levels

Several patients were transported to local hospitals because of the leak

Several patients were taken to an area hospital after high carbon monoxide levels were detected at a suburban rehabilitation center. 

According to witnesses, at least six patients were taken to the hospital when high carbon monoxide levels were detected at the Glenview Terrace Rehabilitation Center, located in northwest suburban Glenview. 

The center specializes in post-hospital and orthopedic rehabilitation, according to the facility's website. 

[NATL] Top News Photos: Pope Visits Japan, and More

There was no immediate word on the condition, or the exact number, of patients that were transported to local hospitals. Stay tuned to NBC 5 for more on this developing story. 

Contact Us