Fire departments and medical personnel responded to a call for help Tuesday morning after five people were electrocuted while working on a private residence in rural Grand Ridge in LaSalle County, officials said Tuesday.
According to the Grand Ridge Volunteer Fire Department, at 11:03 a.m. Tuesday, a crew with a private company were working on gutters at a private residence when five of the workers were electrocuted.
Four patients were transported to local hospitals. A fifth patient was airlifted to St. Francis in Peoria, officials said.
No other details were immediately available.
Feeling out of the loop? We'll catch you up on the Chicago news you need to know. Sign up for the weekly Chicago Catch-Up newsletter here.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.