Read these additional headlines from Thursday's local news sources:
- 14-Year-Old Missing in Romeoville -- Authorities are looking for a teenager who's been missing from her family's home since Oct. 20.
- Neighbor Rescues 94-Year-Old From Burning Home -- Thanks to a quick-thinking neighbor, two people escaped injury when their house was destroyed by fire Wednesday morning in the 21400 block of South 80th Avenue in Frankfort Township.
- Man Found Beaten To Death In Buena Park -- The body of a 23-year-old man who apparently died of blunt trauma, was found in his North Side apartment.
- Two Downstate Toddlers Drowned in Submerged Truck -- Two toddlers died after the truck they were in rolled into a lake in downstate Tamoroa and authorities said Wednesday the siblings' deaths were under investigation.
- Charges Expected in Round Lake Home Invasion --- A police dog leads officers to a 16-year-old suspect in a home invasion on Wednesday.
- Woman Robs Fast-Food Drive-In, Again ---- A woman was brought into police custody after holding up Shirl's Drive-In restaurant in Zion for the second time in less than a week.
Chicago cab drivers are threatening to go on strike.
The work stoppage could begin in two weeks unless drivers get the 16 percent fare increase they're asking for.
Drivers said they're not even making minimum wage, and they said it's only going to get worse when the gas surcharge is lowered Friday.