Among the more high-profile news stories in Chicago are some that get less coverage, less visibility, but are no less impactful to dozens of lives.
These are some of the headlines in local news from Tuesday, October 28:
- Police Subdue Suburban Girl with Taser -- A 16-year-old Aurora girl riding as a passenger in a car with a 74-year-old relative was tased by police when she tried to interfere with the arrest of the driver.
- Suburban Man Charged WIth Molesting Mentally Disabled Girl -- Police have arrested a 43-year-old Zion man they say kidnapped and molested a mentally disabled girl he met while attending religious services in Palatine.
- Five Arrested in Connection with Rape of 17-year-old -- Five men have been arrested for the rape of a 17-year-old female over the weekend in Elk Grove Village.
- 8-Month-Old Baby May Have Been Beaten to Death -- Joliet police are investigating the death of an 8-month-old boy from blunt force trauma, according to the Will County coroner's office.
- Man Shot, Killed by Police in Humboldt Park -- A man involved in a foot chase with gang unit officers through a Humboldt Park alley Monday night was shot dead by police after a struggle.
- Woman's Muddied Body Found In Gage Park -- The body of a woman thought to be in her 40s was found partially clothed and unresponsive at about 12:40 Tuesday morning.
- Teen Fatally Shot in South Side Home -- Alejandro Auita, 15, was fatally shot at his home in the 4800 block of South Bishop Street, and was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:25 p.m.