At least 10 people have been shot and wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago Sunday.
A 22-year-old man is in critical condition after he was shot multiple times in the 3300 block of West Schubert around 2 a.m., police said.
The man was on foot when he was shot in the head, neck, and shoulder. He was rushed to Illinois Masonic Hospital in critical condition, and no one is in custody in connection with the incident.
In the city’s most recent shooting, a 19-year-old man was shot during a physical altercation in the 3500 block of South Indiana, police said.
The individuals involved got into an altercation just after 6 p.m., and one of the men pulled out a gun and fired shots, striking the victim in the chest. The victim was rushed to University of Chicago Hospital in serious condition, police said.
No one is in custody in connection with the shooting.
Here are the rest of the day’s shootings:
- A 26-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman were both shot in the 2000 block of North St. Louis at approximately 1:23 a.m., police said. The victims were driving when a person in a white Dodge Challenger got out of the car and opened fire, striking both victims. The man was taken to Stroger in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his abdomen, and the woman is in good condition at Norwegian with a gunshot wound to her hand.
- Just after 2 a.m. on Lake Shore Drive near 44th Street, a 37-year-old man was traveling in a northbound vehicle when a person in a green vehicle opened fire, striking him in the arm. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he was listed in good condition, according to police.
- Two people were shot in the 1100 block of North Hamlin at approximately 3:20 a.m., police said. A 19-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman were both shot in the arm, and drove themselves to St. Mary’s, where they were listed in stable condition.
- A 16-year-old boy is in serious condition after he was shot in the 4000 block of West Palmer, according to police. The boy was standing outside when a person in a passing Nissan fired shots, striking him in the back and grazing him in the neck. The boy was taken to Illinois Masonic, police said.
- Just after 6 a.m. in the 200 block of West Pershing, a 28-year-old man was standing in a parking lot when a person in a gold SUV fired shots at him, striking him in the foot. The man was taken to Mercy Hospital in stable condition.