At least 17 people have sustained injuries in shootings across Chicago so far this weekend, police said.
In one incident, a 23-year-old woman and two teenage boys sustained gunshot wounds after a shooting on Saturday night in the North Lawndale neighborhood, police said.
At approximately 8:32 p.m. in the 1300 block of South Independence Boulevard, a dark-colored vehicle pulled up, and multiple people fired shots. The 23-year-old woman sustained a gunshot wound to the neck, and was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition. A 14-year-old boy sustained a graze wound to the leg, and went to Stroger Hospital in fair condition. The third victim, a 13-year-old boy, was shot in the left arm and listed in fair condition at the hospital.
Here are the rest of the shootings that have happened as of Saturday evening.
- In the 0-100 block of East 120th Street at approximately 8:03 p.m., a 27-year-old man was shot by an unknown offender while standing on a sidewalk, police said. The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the back, and was transported to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- A 26-year-old man and an 18-year-old man both sustained gunshot wounds at approximately 7:53 p.m. in the 3100 block of West Douglas, police confirmed. A light-colored vehicle reportedly drove by the victims, and someone inside fired shots. The 26-year-old victim sustained a gunshot wound to the back, and went to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition while the 18-year-old male victim was shot in the upper chest and last reported in stable condition.
- At approximately 11:26 p.m. in the 4700 block of South Martin Luther King Drive, a 45-year-old man suffered multiple gunshot wounds after being shot in both legs, according to police. The victim reported he got out of his vehicle, and was walking when he heard gunshots and realized he had been hit. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Medical CEnter in stable condition.
- In the 1100 block of North Lawndale at approximately 11:45 p.m., a 40-year-old woman was grazed by a bullet after someone she knows shot her, police said. The victim and suspect got into an argument two hours before the reported shooting. Police confirmed the victim went to the hospital in stable condition. The suspect was not in custody as of Saturday evening.
- At approximately 2:27 a.m. in the 5200 block of West Division, a 27-year-old man was shot following an argument with another man at a gas station, police confirmed. The suspect fired shots, striking the victim multiple times in the legs and lower back. The victim was last reported in critical condition at Stroger Hospital. As of Saturday evening no one was in custody.
- In the 1000 block of East 80th Street at approximately 3:52 a.m., officers responded to a ShotSpotter alert and discovered an adult male who had been shot, Chicago police confirmed. The victim suffered gunshot wounds to the arm, abdomen and back and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in serious condition.
- A 56-year-old woman was shot while standing on the sidewalk at approximately 1:23 p.m. in the 7900 block of South California, police confirmed. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the leg, and was transported to Advocate Christ Medical Center in good condition.
- At approximately 2:05 p.m. in the 0-100 block of East 112th Place, a 29-year-old man was shot while walking, police said. The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the right hand and right forearm, and was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
- In the 5300 block of South Ashland at approximately 2:58 p.m., a 52-year-old woman was shot while riding in a vehicle, police said. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the left hip and back. She was listed in critical condition at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- At approximately 5:02 p.m. in the 4100 block of West 16th Street, a 21-year-old man was shot by an unknown offender inside an apartment, police said. The victim was shot in the right hand, and went to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
- A 28-year-old man was shot at approximately 4:44 p.m. in the 6200 block of South Michigan, police confirmed. Two men reportedly shot the victim while he was standing in the street by a parked vehicle. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition.
- In the 800 block of North Ridgeway at approximately 6:22 p.m., a 41-year-old man sustained gunshot wounds to the lower left leg and abdomen, police said. The victim went to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
- At approximately 8 p.m. in the 600 block of East 71st Street, a 43-year-old man was shot while entering a residential building, according to Chicago police. An unknown male reportedly approached the victim, and fired shots. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition.