A man is dead and at least eight other people have been wounded in shootings Saturday across the city of Chicago.
In the city's most recent shooting, two people were injured when a gunman opened fire in the Gresham neighborhood at approximately 7:40 p.m.
According to authorities, a 44-year-old man and a 19-year-old man were standing in the 7900 block of South Paulina when they were struck by gunfire. The older man was shot in the chest and was rushed to an area hospital in critical condition.
The 19-year-old was taken to Holy Cross Hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg, according to authorities.
Just after 2 a.m., Shotspotter alerted police to a shooting in the 10700 block of South Indiana, according to authorities. When officers arrived on scene, they found a 53-year-old man lying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to his back.
The victim was taken to Roseland Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
No one is in custody, and police say they have not found any witnesses to the shooting.
Saturday afternoon, a 17-year-old boy got into a verbal altercation with two other men in the 6200 block of South Artesian just after 4 p.m., according to police.
Both of the men opened fire, striking the teen in the left leg. He was taken to Christ Hospital, and is listed in good condition.
Here are the rest of Saturday’s shootings:
- A 42-year-old man was driving in the 4300 block of South Wentworth just after midnight when a person in a black sedan fired shots at him, striking him in the right arm. He was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition, police said.
- In the 2800 block of South Homan just before 5 a.m., a 24-year-old man was hanging out with friends in an alley when a blue sedan drove by and an occupant opened fire, striking the man in the left side of his abdomen. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition, according to police.
- A 22-year-old man was shot in the left hip in the 6900 block of South Western, according to police. The man was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition, and no one is in custody.
- A 16-year-old boy was shot in the right heel in the 5800 block of South Halsted, police said. The incident occurred just before 8 p.m., and the boy was taken to University of Chicago in good condition.
- A 31-year-old man was in a vehicle in the 6100 block of South Justine just after 8 p.m. when a person in a van pulled up and opened fire, striking him in the shoulder. He was taken to University of Chicago in stable condition.