Three people are dead and at least 31 others have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend.
Just after 10 p.m. Saturday, three teens were standing on a rear porch when two gunmen opened fire from the bottom of the stairs, police said.
A 16-year-old boy was shot in the head and chest, and was taken to Mount Sinai, where he was later pronounced dead. Police said that two other victims, a 17-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy, were both shot in the legs and were taken to local hospitals in stable condition.
Just three hours later, another fatal shooting occurred in the 300 block of West 95th Street at 1:05 a.m. Police responding to a ShotSpotter alert found two people shot inside of a vehicle in a parking lot.
A 34-year-old man was shot in the head, and was pronounced dead at the scene. A 29-year-old woman was also shot in the head, and she is in critical condition at Christ Hospital.
On Sunday at approximately 5:27 p.m., a 20-year-old man was inside a residence in the 6600 block of South Bishop when a man inside the residence opened fire, striking him in the neck.
Police said the man was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead. No suspects are in custody.
Here are the rest of the weekend's shootings:
- In the 0-100 block of East 120th Street at approximately 8:03 p.m., a 27-year-old man was shot by an unknown offender while standing on a sidewalk, police said. The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the back, and was transported to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- A 26-year-old man and an 18-year-old man both sustained gunshot wounds at approximately 7:53 p.m. in the 3100 block of West Douglas, police confirmed. A light-colored vehicle reportedly drove by the victims, and someone inside fired shots. The 26-year-old victim sustained a gunshot wound to the back, and went to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition while the 18-year-old male victim was shot in the upper chest and last reported in stable condition.
- At approximately 11:26 p.m. in the 4700 block of South Martin Luther King Drive, a 45-year-old man suffered multiple gunshot wounds after being shot in both legs, according to police. The victim reported he got out of his vehicle, and was walking when he heard gunshots and realized he had been hit. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition.
- In the 1100 block of North Lawndale at approximately 11:45 p.m., a 40-year-old woman was grazed by a bullet after someone she knows shot her, police said. The victim and suspect got into an argument two hours before the reported shooting. Police confirmed the victim went to the hospital in stable condition. The suspect was not in custody as of Saturday evening.
- At approximately 2:27 a.m. in the 5200 block of West Division, a 27-year-old man was shot following an argument with another man at a gas station, police confirmed. The suspect fired shots, striking the victim multiple times in the legs and lower back. The victim was last reported in critical condition at Stroger Hospital. As of Saturday evening no one was in custody.
- In the 1000 block of East 80th Street at approximately 3:52 a.m., officers responded to a ShotSpotter alert and discovered an adult male who had been shot, Chicago police confirmed. The victim suffered gunshot wounds to the arm, abdomen and back and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in serious condition.
- A 56-year-old woman was shot while standing on the sidewalk at approximately 1:23 p.m. in the 7900 block of South California, police confirmed. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the leg, and was transported to Advocate Christ Medical Center in good condition.
- At approximately 2:05 p.m. in the 0-100 block of East 112th Place, a 29-year-old man was shot while walking, police said. The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the right hand and right forearm, and was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
- In the 5300 block of South Ashland at approximately 2:58 p.m., a 52-year-old woman was shot while riding in a vehicle, police said. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the left hip and back. She was listed in critical condition at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- At approximately 5:02 p.m. in the 4100 block of West 16th Street, a 21-year-old man was shot by an unknown offender inside an apartment, police said. The victim was shot in the right hand, and went to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
- A 28-year-old man was shot at approximately 4:44 p.m. in the 6200 block of South Michigan, police confirmed. Two men reportedly shot the victim while he was standing in the street by a parked vehicle. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition.
- In the 800 block of North Ridgeway at approximately 6:22 p.m., a 41-year-old man sustained gunshot wounds to the lower left leg and abdomen, police said. The victim went to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
- At approximately 8 p.m. in the 600 block of East 71st Street, a 43-year-old man was shot while entering a residential building, according to Chicago police. An unknown male reportedly approached the victim, and fired shots. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition.
- Three people were shot, including two teens, in front of an apartment building in the 1300 block of South Independence Boulevard at approximately 8:32 p.m. Police say that the victims were shot by a person in a passing vehicle. A 13-year-old boy was shot in the arm and is in fair condition, while a 14-year-old boy was shot in the leg and is in fair condition at a local hospital. A 23-year-old woman was shot in the neck and is listed in critical condition at Mount Sinai.
- In the 2900 block of West Harrison at approximately 9:11 p.m., a 39-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk when he was shot in the back and buttocks, police said. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he's listed in critical condition.
- At approximately 10:35 p.m. in the 7000 block of South Cornell, a 290-year-old man was walking in an alley when a man walked up to him and opened fire, striking him in the chest and legs. The man was taken to University of Chicago, where he's listed in critical condition, police said.
- A 53-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk in the 1500 block of North Cicero when he heard shots and felt pain in his hand. Police said the man was shot in that hand, and was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
- In the 200 block of North Laflin at approximately 5:27 a.m., a 22-year-old man was standing outside when a person in a black SUV began firing shots. He was struck twice in the upper left thigh, while a 21-year-old man sitting in a nearby vehicle suffered a graze wound to his buttocks. The older victim was in stable condition at Stroger, while the younger victim declined treatment.
- At approximately 6:17 a.m. in the 2900 block of West Chicago, a 27-year-old man was driving when the occupant of a black Jeep began shooting at him. The Jeep fled the scene, but the man continued to drive after suffering a graze wound to his head. The man failed to yield at a stop sign, crashing into a CTA truck. Police say the truck driver is in serious condition, while the gunshot victim is being treated both for that wound and for trauma suffered in the crash.
- A 22-year-old man was getting out of his car in the 1800 block of West Maypole when a person began shooting at him. Police said the man suffered graze wounds to both of his legs, and he's listed in stable condition at Stroger.
- In the 3100 block of West 23rd Street, a 30-year-old man was shot in a drive-by shooting at approximately 9:30 a.m. Police said the man was shot in the arm and wrist, and is in stable condition at Mount Sinai.
- Two people were shot while sitting on the front porch of a residence in the 5900 block of South Paulina at approximately 6:44 p.m., police said. A man walked up to the pair and opened fire, striking a 51-year-old man in the leg and a 26-year-old woman in both of her feet.
- Just after 7 p.m. in the 7500 block of South Chappell, a 28-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk when he was shot in the leg, police said. The man was taken to the University of Chicago in stable condition.