Four people are dead and at least 12 more have been wounded in shootings across Chicago this weekend.
In the city's most recent fatal shooting, a 53-year-old man was discovered unresponsive by police in the 700 block of North Christiana at approximately 4:05 p.m. The man was transported to Stroger Hospital with gunshot wounds to his chest and arm, and he was later pronounced dead.
Just three hours earlier, a 49-year-old man was involved in a verbal altercation with another man when shots were fired.
The shooting occurred in the 400 block of North Laramie at 1:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon, according to police. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition with a gunshot wound to his leg, and he was pronounced dead at the hospital.
No one is in custody in the shooting.
The first fatal shooting in Chicago this weekend occurred just after 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. According to witnesses, a 47-year-old man got into an altercation with another person, and was shot in the head after the person he was arguing with pulled out a gun and opened fire.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and no one is in custody, according to police.
The city's second fatality occurred just after 6 p.m. on Saturday night. A 35-year-old man was standing in the 5500 block of West Lake Street when he was struck in the chest by a single shot.
The man ran to the 300 block of North Lorel, where he collapsed. He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
According to police, a silver SUV was seen fleeing the area, but no one is in custody.
Early Saturday morning, a 31-year-old man was walking in an alley in the 2300 block of West Jackson when he was shot seven times by an unknown male offender. The man is listed in stable condition at Stroger Hospital, according to police, and no one is in custody.
- A 30-year-old man was shot in the back in the 4100 block of West Armitage at approximately 7:07 p.m. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition, according to police.
- A 27-year-old man is in good condition after being shot in the right arm and leg on Friday night. The incident occurred around 8:15 p.m. in the 3900 block of 26th Street, according to police.
- In the 2800 block of North California at approximately 12:32 a.m., a 30-year-old man was shot while sitting inside of a vehicle. Another vehicle pulled up alongside his car, with one of the occupants opening fire. He was taken to Stroger in stable condition with a graze wound to his back.
- A 29-year-old man was shot in the right thigh in the 3100 block of West Polk Street at approximately 6:28 a.m. The shooter was riding in a dark green vehicle with tinted windows, according to police. The man is in guarded condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- At approximately 11:12 a.m. in the 2300 block of East 69th Street, a 35-year-old man was in a car when he was shot in the upper torso and left leg. He was taken to Northwestern Hospital in good condition, police said.
- In the 2500 block of West Flournoy at approximately 11:32 a.m., a 16-year-old boy was shot in the arm and back by a man in a gray vehicle. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition, police said.
- A 16-year-old boy was shot in the right eye while walking in the 6700 block of South Champlain Street at approximately 1:30 p.m. He was taken to Northwestern Hospital in serious condition, and a SWAT team responded to the scene.
- A 26-year-old man was involved in an argument with three other men when shots rang out in the 5700 block of South State Street just before 3 a.m. The man was taken to St. Bernard's in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his right arm.
- Two people were shot in the 5000 block of South Hoyne Street at approximately 6:09 a.m., police said. The victims were loading a vehicle with personal items when another man came up to them and tried to rob them. A 43-year-old man was ultimately shot by the would-be robber, and he was taken to Holy Cross Hospital in stable condition. A 15-year-old boy was taken to Mt. Sinai in stable condition with several gunshot wounds to his leg.
- A 30-year-old man was shot in the hand in the 1900 block of North Sawyer at approximately 7:30 p.m. An SUV approached the man and an occupant opened fire, striking him. He was taken to Norwegian Hospital in good condition.
Unless otherwise noted, no one is in custody in any of these shootings, according to Chicago police.