Seven people are dead and at least 31 have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend.
Just before 6 p.m. Friday afternoon, a 31-year-old man was found in an alley in the 0-100 block of East 87th Street with gunshot wounds to his head and chest, police said.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. A witness told authorities that a person fired shots at the victim, then fled the scene in a black sedan.
No offender is in custody, and Area South Detectives are investigating the shooting.
Early Saturday morning, another fatal shooting took place in the 2800 block of West Washington when a 57-year-old man was shot in the neck, police said.
Witnesses told police that they heard gunshots and then saw the man lying on the ground next to a minivan. The man was shot in the neck and was pronounced dead at the scene.
No one is in custody, and police are investigating.
Just over an hour later, another man, a 36-year-old, was shot to death while standing on a back porch in the 1600 block of South Loomis, according to authorities.
Witnesses say they heard shots just after 3:30 a.m., and when they stepped outside they saw the man lying unresponsive on the porch. He was pronounced dead at the scene, and Area Central Detectives are investigating.
Late Saturday night, two men were traveling in a vehicle in the 8500 block of South Escanaba at approximately 11 p.m. when two men fired shots at the vehicle, striking both victims.
A 26-year-old man was shot multiple times in the head and body, and a 31-year-old man was shot in the neck. Both men were taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where they were later pronounced dead.
Area South Detectives are investigating the shooting, and no suspects are in custody.
Early Sunday morning, a 26-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman were standing in the 1500 block of South Drake at approximately 3:35 a.m. when a man fired shots at them.
The man was shot in the chest, and he was pronounced dead at Mount Sinai, police said. The woman was shot in the arm, and is in good condition at Stroger Hospital.
Area Central Detectives are investigating the shooting, and no suspects are in custody.
Just after 6 a.m. Sunday, a 22-year-old man was shot in an alley in the 800 block of North LeClaire, and responding officers found him unresponsive, according to authorities.
The man suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and he was pronounced dead at West Suburban Medical Center, police said. No suspect is in custody.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings thus far:
- Just after 2:30 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was standing on a corner in the 6800 block of South Wood when he heard gunshots and began to run. The boy was struck in the arm, and was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition, police said.
- A 22-year-old man is in good condition after he was shot in the 4000 block of West Madison, police said. The man was standing on a sidewalk when a person opened fire, striking him in the right hip. Police say the gunman fled the scene in a gray vehicle, and the victim was taken to Mount Sinai.
- In the 2000 block of West 69th Place at approximately 2:30 a.m., a 25-year-old woman was on a sidewalk when a person stepped out of a gangway and fired shots, striking her in the leg, police said. The woman was taken to the University of Chicago, where she’s listed in good condition.
- Just before 3 a.m. in the 2800 block of Ida B. Wells Drive, a 40-year-old man was shot in the abdomen and is listed in critical condition, police said. Officers near the scene heard shots and responded immediately to the scene, but were unable to apprehend a suspect.
- A total of five people were shot in the 7900 block of South Loomis at approximately 2:58 a.m. Saturday morning, police said. The victims reported that they were gathered on a sidewalk when a person in a grey sedan drove up and opened fire, striking five people. Two of the victims, a 24-year-old man and a 31-year-old man, were shot in the chest and were listed in critical condition at area hospitals. A 27-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman were shot in the leg and were both listed in stable condition, while a 37-year-old man suffered a graze wound to his wrist and refused medical treatment.
- In the 12000 block of South Wallace at approximately 3:21 a.m., two people were shot while sitting in a vehicle, police said. A man on foot approached the car and opened fire, striking a 39-year-old woman in the arms and legs. She was taken to an area hospital in serious condition. Another victim, a 30-year-old man, got out of the car and fled the scene after being shot in the arms and torso, and he’s in stable condition at Christ Medical Center.
- At approximately 5:21 a.m. in the 5100 block of West Chicago Avenue, a total of three people were shot, police said. A 38-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot in the left arm and chest. A 29-year-old man, who was shot in the leg, and a 34-year-old man, also shot in the leg, were taken to West Suburban Medical Center, where they are listed in good condition. Two of the three victims have already left the hospital, and all three were uncooperative with police.
- In the 12300 block of South State Street at approximately 5:55 a.m., two men were shot after a person in a blue SUV opened fire, according to police. The men walked into Roseland Hospital, with a 22-year-old man listed in serious condition after being shot in the abdomen, and a 24-year-old man in good condition after being shot in the hand. Both men were later transferred to Cook County Hospital.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the 4900 block of West Superior at approximately 6:25 a.m., police said. The man was shot in the lower extremities and in the lower back, and was listed in serious condition at Cook County Hospital.
- At approximately 9 a.m. in the 8500 block of South Muskegon, a 23-year-old man was shot by a person in a black sedan, police said. The man was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was listed in serious condition with a gunshot wound to his thigh.
- In the 900 block of North Cambridge, a 49-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk just before 12:30 a.m. when he heard gunshots, police said. The man was shot in the face, and he was taken to Northwestern Hospital in serious condition.
- A total of four men were shot while congregating on a street corner in the 4600 block of West Erie at approximately 1:43 a.m., police said. All four of the victims were taken to area hospitals, and all were listed in stable condition.
- At approximately 1:30 a.m., a 24-year-old man was riding in a sedan with two women when one of the women pulled out a gun and shot him in the leg, police said. The woman stole property from him, and he got out of the vehicle and walked to Rush Hospital, where he was listed in good condition.
- In the 1500 block of North Milwaukee at approximately 3:25 a.m., a 22-year-old man was walking when he was approached by two men who engaged him in a verbal confrontation. One of the men then opened fire, striking the victim, according to police. He is in stable condition at Saint Mary's Hospital.
- A 17-year-old girl was in a large group in the 1100 block of South Richmond just after 3 a.m. when she heard gunfire, which struck her in the hip. The girl was taken to Mount Sinai in stable condition, police said.
- At approximately 1:55 p.m., two vehicles were driving through an alley in the 2000 block of East 69th Street when a person in one of the cars opened fire, striking a 23-year-old man in the abdomen and thigh, police said. The man was taken to the University of Chicago, where he's listed in critical condition.
- In the 700 block of North Ridgeway at approximately 2:30 p.m., two people were shot while standing on a sidewalk, police said. A 38-year-old man was shot in the thigh, and a 35-year-old man was shot in the foot. Their conditions are still unknown at this time.
- A 20-year-old woman was crossing a street in the 400 block of West 100th Street when she heard gunshots, police said. After she began running, she realized she'd been shot in the pelvic area, and she was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition.
- At approximately 6:44 p.m. in the 9200 block of South Wabash, a 20-year-old man was getting into a car when he was shot in the back, police said. The man then drove briefly before flagging down officers, and he was taken to the University of Chicago in stable condition.