Two people are dead and at least 17 others have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend, according to authorities.
Early Sunday morning in the 7600 block of North Ashland, a 47-year-old man was found lying in a courtyard with a gunshot wound to his chest, according to police.
Authorities say the man was taken to St. Francis Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
No one is in custody in connection with the shooting, and police are continuing to investigate.
Just after 6 p.m. Sunday, a 32-year-old man was shot in Chicago's South Shore neighborhood on the South Side, police said.
The man was on a sidewalk in the 1900 block of East 71st Street when he was shot twice in the head, police said. The man was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
No suspects are in custody, and police are continuing to investigate the shooting.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings:
- Just before 4 p.m. in the 4400 block of West Fullerton, a 20-year-old man was in a parking lot when he was approached by another man, who opened fire and struck the victim in the chest. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he’s in serious condition.
- In the 3300 block of West 16th Street at approximately 5:38 p.m., a 28-year-old man was approached by a man who pulled out a gun and demanded his property. The victim handed over the items, and then the gunman opened fire, striking the victim in the hip. The 28-year-old was taken to Mount Sinai in stable condition.
- A 37-year-old man was driving a vehicle in the 300 block of North Hamlin at 10:30 p.m. when a person in a dark-colored SUV opened fire. The bullet grazed the victim’s head, and he was taken to Stroger in stable condition, police said.
- At approximately 3 a.m. in the 2200 block of North Moody, a 20-year-old woman was walking on a sidewalk when he suffered a graze wound to his back. Police say the woman was taken to Norwegian Hospital in stable condition.
- In the 900 block of East 83rd Street at approximately 3:20 a.m., a 49-year-old man was inside a residence when a person fired shots. The man suffered a graze wound to his ear and refused treatment, police said. The alleged gunman is in custody.
- A 37-year-old man was walking in the 1400 block of North Lawler at approximately 7:55 a.m. when a person in an unknown vehicle fired shots at him, police said. The man was hit in the right shoulder, and is in stable condition at Mount Sinai.
- At approximately 11:15 a.m. in the 4900 block of West Adams, a 22-year-old man was walking when he was shot in the right leg. Police said the man was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- Police say that a 63-year-old man was on a sidewalk in the 7100 block of South May at approximately 1:36 p.m. when a man walked up to him and fired shots, striking him twice in the arm and once in the chest. The victim was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition.
- A 32-year-old man was on a street in the 4800 block of South Throop at approximately 4:20 p.m. when a group of men all pulled out weapons and began shooting at him. The man was hit in the chest, and was taken to the University of Chicago in stable condition, police said.
- At approximately 3:22 a.m., two men were shot while driving in the 2800 block of West 28th Street, police said. One man was shot in the hand and is listed in good condition, while another was shot in the knee and torso and is in stable condition at Mount Sinai.
- Just before 3:30 a.m. in the 1500 block of North Linder, a 21-year-old woman was sitting in a parked car when a man in a black hooded sweatshirt approached her and shot her in the knee, police said. The woman is in stable condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Three people were shot inside of a vehicle in the 2100 block of South Albany at approximately 12:46 p.m., police said. A person in a black SUV fired shots into the car, striking the victims. A 24-year-old man was hit in the head and body, and is in critical condition. A 31-year-old man was shot in the back and is in serious condition, and a 27-year-old woman who was standing inside of a business was hit in the arm, and she is in stable condition.
- A 25-year-old man was standing in the 7900 block of South Union at approximately 7:37 p.m. when he was shot in the right armpit, police said. The victim was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he is listed in critical condition.
- Police say that a 46-year-old man was shot during a robbery in the 1400 block of East 76th Street at approximately 8:58 p.m. The man was inside of his residence when two men kicked down his front door, and one of the assailants pistol-whipped him in the head. The man was then shot in the right leg. He was taken to the University of Chicago in critical condition.