Three people have been killed and at least 29 more have been wounded in violence across the city this weekend, according to police.
The first fatality occurred Saturday night when a 39-year-old man was shot to death in the 300 block of West 57th Street. He was driving a vehicle on 57th Street when an unknown assailant fired shots at him, striking him in the torso. He was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital.
Damien Santoyo, a 14-year-old boy, was shot to death on his porch in a drive-by shooting Sunday morning. Santoyo was on the porch with two other juveniles when a car drove by, and after the occupants shouted gang slogans, they opened fire, striking the boy in the head.
Chicago's third fatality occurred Sunday morning during a domestic violence incident in the 6900 block of West 65th Street. A 30-year-old woman, who police say had been battered by a 33-year-old man, pulled out a gun and shot him three times, killing him.
She is currently in custody and charges are pending, according to police.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the arm and was taken in good condition to Stroger Hospital. The victim was walking past a group of men in the 900 block of N. Central Park Ave. at approximately 4:20 p.m. when one of the men reached in his pocket and took money. The victim tried to run, but one of the men fired a shot that struck him in the arm, he told police.
- Two men got into an altercation at a business in the 2700 block of West 63rd Street, and a 26-year-old man involved in the fight was shot in the side. The incident occurred at approximately 4:39 p.m. on Friday afternoon, and the man is in stable condition at Christ Hospital, according to police. The other man involved in the altercation is in custody.
- A man standing in front of a residence in the 1100 block of N. Lockwood was shot in the lower back. The shooting, which occurred at approximately 7:55 p.m., left the man in stable condition at Stroger Hospital, police said.
- Two people were shot in the 2900 block of West 40th Street at 8:24 p.m. Friday evening. A 20-year-old man suffered a graze wound to his chest and a 25-year-old woman suffered a graze wound to her neck. Both people refused treatment at the scene.
- A 36-year-old man was shot on the 7500 block of South Union at approximately 10:15 p.m. The man was sitting in a parked vehicle when he was struck by shots from an unknown assailant. He was taken to Christ Hospital in serious condition.
- A man standing on a sidewalk in the 1600 block of South Drake was shot in the right leg at approximately 11:20 p.m. Friday night. The 37-year-old man was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in stable condition after he heard gunshots and felt pain in his leg.
- A 20-year-old man walked into Community First Hospital with a gunshot wound in his right thigh. The shooting, which occurred in the 5200 block of West Addison, happened at 1 a.m. The man was listed in good condition.
- A man sitting in a vehicle in the 4400 block of North Whipple was shot and seriously wounded at approximately 1:22 a.m. The victim, a 29-year-old man, was shot in the chest and back when a vehicle pulled up and one of the occupants opened fire. The victim is a documented gang member, according to police. He was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
- At approximately 5:44 a.m. in the 5100 block of South Hoyne, a 31-year-old man was shot in the neck. The man was a passenger in a car when shots were fired into the vehicle. He was transferred to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
- A 51-year-old man was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition after he was shot in the head at approximately 11:04 a.m. The man was involved in a verbal argument near a vehicle in the 3300 block of West Washington, police said, when an unknown person in a group of people fired shots at him.
- Three people were shot after a verbal altercation in the 2500 block of South Spaulding at approximately 10:15 p.m. A 39-year-old gang-affiliated man was shot in both legs, a 14-year-old boy was shot in the leg, and a 15-year-old boy was also shot in the leg. All three victims were taken to Mt. Sinai in stable condition.
- A 39-year-old man was shot to death in the 300 block of West 57th Street at approximately 10:40 p.m. The man was driving a car when an unknown offender fired shots at the vehicle. He was shot multiple times in the torso, and he was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital.
- In the 3300 block of East 91st Street, a 34-year-old man was shot in the back at 11:50 p.m. The man was standing on the street when shots were fired. He was taken to Trinity Hospital in critical condition.
- Two men were taken to area hospitals after being shot at approximately 12:20 a.m. in the 5200 block of West Belden. A 23-year-old man was shot in the head and was taken to Illinois Masonic in critical condition, while a 26-year-old man was taken to Community First Hospital, where he was treated and released. The men were shot by an unknown offender in a dark colored Ford Explorer.
- A 14-year-old boy was shot to death in a drive-by shooting in the 1700 block of South Newberry. He was on a porch with two other juveniles when occupants in a passing vehicle fired shots at the group, striking him in the head.
- A 24-year-old man standing on a sidewalk in the 1300 block of North Rockwell was shot in the leg and foot at 3:20 a.m. Sunday morning. A white vehicle pulled up, and an armed offender emerged from the car and fired shots at the man. He was taken to Stroger in good condition.
- Two people were shot in the 200 block of North Homan at 4:10 a.m. A 37-year-old man was shot in the arm and stomach while sitting in a vehicle, and he was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition. A 35-year-old woman was also shot in the leg, and she was taken to St. Mary’s in stable condition.
- A 26-year-old man walked into Illinois Masonic hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg. He was shot at 4:41 a.m. in the 1200 block of West Leland. He is listed in stable condition.
- At 4:56 a.m. in the 800 block of West 19th Street, a 19-year-old man was shot in the stomach. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- A 19-year-old was shot in the abdomen on the 800 block of West 19th Street. at approximately 5:00 a.m. He was standing on a sidewalk when a passenger in a passing red vehicle fired shots at him. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- A 30-year-old woman shot a 33-year-old man to death following a domestic altercation in the 6900 block of West 65th Street. According to police, she was battered by the man, then pulled out a gun and shot him three times. She is in custody with charges pending.
- Two people were shot in the 1000 block of North Clark Street. on Sunday evening at approximately 7:56 p.m. A 33-year-old man was shot in the side and leg, and was taken to Northwestern Hospital in critical condition. A 26-year-old man was also shot in the leg, and was taken to Northwestern in stable condition.
- A 19-year-old man was shot in the foot while standing on a sidewalk just before 11 p.m. in the 6700 block of South East End, police said. He was transported to Jackson Park Hospital in good condition, according to authorities.
- A traffic stop turned into a miles-long police chase just before 11:30 p.m. when authorities say a driver opened fire on officers before fleeing the scene and crashing 7 miles away. The driver was taken into custody and transported to Illinois Masonic Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. An officer was also transported to an area hospital, where he was treated and released.
- Minutes before midnight, a 20-year-old man was shot on a front porch in the 12200 block of South Emerald. Police said the man took himself to Metro South Hospital with a gunshot wound to the right leg and was listed in stable condition. He told officers he was sitting on a porch when a man walked up and fired shots.
- Another 20-year-old man was shot when the handgun he was holding discharged, striking him in the foot just before 1 a.m. in the 7500 block of North Ashlance.
- A 39-year-old man was driving southbound on Stony Island just before 1:30 a.m. when someone in another vehicle fired shots at him. The man, who had a valid conceal and carry permit, returned fire at the driver of the other vehicle, who then crashed his car and fled on foot, police said. The 39-year-old's vehicle was damaged by the gunfire, but no injuries were immediately reported.
- A 23-year-old man was shot at about 4 a.m. while standing on a sidewalk in the 5200 block of South King Drive, authorities said. The man told police he was shot when someone in a white sedan opened fire at him. He was transported to University of Chicago Hospital and was being transferred to Mount Sinai in stable condition. He had gunshot wounds to the chest and legs, police said.