At least three people have been killed and seven others have sustained injuries in shootings across the city of Chicago so far this weekend, according to police.
In the first fatal shooting of the weekend, a 17-year-old girl was shot and killed at approximately 6:29 p.m. Friday in the 6700 block of South Parnell, police said. The female victim was standing in a vacant lot when a silver sedan pulled up, three men got out of the vehicle and one of them fired shots.
The victim sustained gunshot wounds to the head, neck and back and was transported to Comer Children’s Hospital where she died. No one was in custody as of Saturday evening.
Separately, a 23-year-old man was shot and killed at approximately 12:44 p.m. Saturday in the 2800 block of North Rockwell, police said. The victim was inside of a vehicle in an alley when an unknown offender approached the victim, striking him in the neck, chest and stomach, officials said. The victim died at the scene. The incident remained under investigation Saturday evening.
In the third fatal shooting of the weekend, a 40-year-old man was shot and killed while inside a convenience store Saturday afternoon in the 400 block of South Laramie, according to Chicago police officials.
The victim was approached by two unknown male offenders who shot the victim, striking him multiple times in the back. No one was in custody as of Saturday evening.
Here are the rest of the weekend's shootings:
- A 22-year-old man was shot at approximately 12:14 a.m. in the 200 block of West Pershing when someone inside a black SUV fired shots, striking the victim in the arm, police said. The victim was driven to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was listed in good condition.
- At approximately 12:30 a.m. on South Homan Avenue near West Madison Street, a 21-year-old male was walking on the sidewalk when someone in a passing vehicle fired shots, police said. The victim was driven to Stroger Hospital with a gunshot wound to the abdomen and listed in good condition.
- In the 200 block of North LaPorte at approximately 12:33 a.m., two men sustained gunshot wounds when someone in a red sedan fired shots, striking both victims, according to police. One of the victims, a 24-year-old man, was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg and listed in fair condition. The second victim, a 19-year-old man, was also taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in fair condition with a gunshot wound to the right leg.
- At approximately 10:35 a.m. in the 3100 block of West Fulton, a 33-year-old man was walking northbound when an unknown offender ran up from behind the victim and shot him, according to Chicago police. The victim sustained gunshot wounds to the spine and hip and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition.
- A 28-year-old man was shot at approximately 7:15 p.m. in the 200 block of North LaCrosse, police said. The victim was walking on the sidewalk when someone in a dark Dodge pickup pulled up and fired shots, officers said. The victim was taken to Stroger Hospital in fair condition.
- At approximately 10:37 p.m. in the 3500 block of South Giles, a 17-year-old male was shot while he was getting ready to enter a home, according to police. The victim suffered a graze wound to the hip and was taken to Comer Children's Hospital in good condition.