Five people have been fatally shot and 19 others sustained injuries in shootings so far this weekend across Chicago, authorities said.
In the city's latest fatal shooting, a 26-year-old man was shot and killed at approximately 4:49 p.m. Saturday in the Englewood neighborhood, police said. The victim was on the street in the 6400 block of South Hoyne when he was approached by an unknown vehicle, and someone inside fired shots, police said.
The victim sustained gunshot wounds to the chest, hip and neck. He self-transported to Holy Cross Hospital and was subsequently pronounced dead, police said.
In a separate incident, officers responded to an alert at approximately 1:33 a.m. Saturday in the 1300 block of N. Mayfield and discovered a man unresponsive on the street with gunshot wounds to the head and chest, authorities said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Get Chicago local news, weather forecasts, sports and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Chicago newsletters.
A 26-year-old man involved in the same incident self-transported himself to West Suburban Hospital, then to Loyola Hospital, with a gunshot wound to the ankle, according to police. He was reported to be in fair condition.
No one is in custody as of Saturday, and Area One detectives were investigating.
A 24-year-old man was discovered Friday unresponsive in his vehicle at approximately 10:03 p.m. in the 1300 block of West Roosevelt Road, police said. Police did not release further details on the incident as Area One detectives continue to investigate.
In another fatal shooting Friday At approximately 9:21 p.m. in the 5600 block of South Marshfield, a 43-year-old man was walking down the street when a person in a white sedan pulled up and started firing shots, authorities said.
He was transported to University of Chicago Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead. No one was in custody as of Saturday as Area One detectives investigate the incident.
In the first deadly shooting of the weekend, a 23-year-old man died in the Austin neighborhood after an unknown offender shot him in the head. At approximately 7:25 p.m. Friday, the man was in the backyard of a residence in the 5200 block of West Le Moyne Street when shots were fired, police said.
The victim was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No one was in custody as Area Five detectives continued to investigate.
Below are the other shootings reported so far this weekend:
- A 22-year-old woman was shot at approximately 6:13 p.m. in the 11200 block of South Stewart, Chicago police stated. The victim was shot by an unknown female offender during an argument, according to police. She sustained a gunshot wound to the right shoulder and was reported to be in stable condition at Roseland Hospital.
- At approximately 6:04 p.m. in the 1800 block of North Keeler, a 37-year-old man was riding in a vehicle when an unknown offender fired shots, striking the victim in the leg, authorities said. He was transported to Stroger Hospital and said to be in stable condition.
- A 26-year-old man was riding his bike in the 7700 block of S. Kingston at approximately 7:24 p.m. when he was shot by the driver of a red Jeep heading east on 77th Street, police said. He was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition.
- In the 2600 block of South Drake at approximately 8:31 p.m., a 27-year-old man was shot while on a sidewalk, police said. An occupant in a gray sedan fired shots, striking the victim in the foot. He was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital in fair condition.
- In the 100 block of West 103rd Street at approximately 9:42 p.m., a 25-year-old man was sitting in a parked car when an unknown man approached him and fired shots into his car, police said. He was hit in the shoulder and taken to University of Chicago Medical Center in fair condition.
- A 30-year-old man was sitting outside in the 2100 block of South Michigan at approximately 11:08 p.m. when a man shot him in the leg, authorities said. The man who fired the shots then entered a waiting car with two others, all of whom have since been placed in police custody. The victim was taken to Northwestern Hospital in serious condition.
- A 31-year-old woman was shot in the leg in the 6000 block of North Lincoln at approximately 3:04 a.m., according to police. She was transported to Saint Francis Hospital in good condition.
- At approximately 3:30 a.m. in the 4100 block of West 21st Place, a 17-year-old boy was sitting on his porch when a person fired shots from a black car, striking him in the arm, police said. He was driven to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
- A 24-year-old man sleeping in his bed in the 2200 block of South Kirkland at approximately 3:04 a.m. when shots were fired from outside through the drywall, hitting him in the leg, authorities said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition. In the same shooting, a 25-year-old man was walking down South Kirkland when he heard gunshots and felt pain. He was hit in the upper left thigh and transported to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
- In the 10600 block of South Perry at approximately 4:19 p.m., a 48-year-old man was working outside when he heard shots and took cover, police said. He was shot in the left foot and took himself to Roseland Hospital in good condition.
- At approximately 5:38 a.m. in the 6200 block of South Eberhardt, a 30-year-old woman was trying to park her car when a black Charger, which had been following the woman, pulled up and fired shots at her, according to authorities. She was shot 6 times and transported to University of Chicago Medical Center in critical but stable condition.
- In the 5900 block of South California at approximately 4:17 p.m., a 29-year-old man was at a bus stop when a gray vehicle pulled up, an unknown offender inside produced a firearm and fired shots at the victim, police stated. The victim sustained a gunshot to the right foot and was taken to Holy Cross Hospital in good condition.
- A 26-year-old man was shot by an unknown individual while near a sidewalk at approximately 5:56 p.m. in the 6600 block of South Laflin, authorities said. The victim sustained injuries to the back and hand and was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition.
- At approximately 6:12 p.m. in the 6500 block of South Carpenter, a 28-year-old man was on the street when he heard shots and felt pain, authorities said. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the back and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition.
- A 20-year-old woman and 46-year-old woman were shot while near the front of a residence at approximately 6:02 p.m. in the 9800 block of South Lowe, police said. The 20-year-old woman was struck in the chest and transported to Advocate Christ Medical Center in good condition. The 46-year-old woman sustained a gunshot wound to the head and was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
- In the 6600 block of South Oakley at approximately 5:41 p.m., a 20-year-old man was near the sidewalk when he heard shots and felt pain, police said. The victim was struck to the thigh and self-transported to Holy Cross Hospital in good condition.