Looking for somewhere to dine outside in Chicago?
The city is known for its foodie scene, filled with plenty of patios and rooftops. But with coronavirus restrictions still in effect as temperatures warm, where can you go?
Choose Chicago has offered up a list of places currently offering outdoor dining in Chicago. Here are some highlights:
Avli Taverna: 1335 W. Wrightwood Ave.
Beatrix Fulton Market: 834 W Fulton Market
Aba: 302 N. Green St. 3rd Floor
Mesler: 1401 E. 53rd St.
The Duck Inn: 2701 S. Eleanor St.
Theater on the Lake: 2401 N. Lake Shore Dr.
Beatnik on the River: 180 N. Upper Wacker Dr.
BOKA: 1729 N. Halsted St.
Formento's: 925 W. Randolph St.
Siena Tavern: 51 W. Kinzie St.
Wood: 3335 N. Halsted St.
Happy Camper: 1209 N. Wells St.
Tzuco: 720 N. State St.
LuxBar: 18 E. Bellevue Pl.
For the full guide click here.
According to the Chicago Department of Public Health, the following COVID-19 mitigation requirements remain in place regarding dining:
- Indoor capacity at bars and restaurants limited to lesser of 50% capacity or 50 people per room
- Six feet of distance must be maintained between parties indoors and outdoors
- Indoor standing areas remain closed
- Seating at bars and counters limited to four people per party indoors and outdoors
- Maximum outdoor table size sits 10 people, with tables at least six feet apart
- Outdoor social events limited to the lesser of 50% or 100 people