One person is dead and at least eight others have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago on Saturday.
The city’s first fatal shooting of the day took place just before 2 p.m. in the 0-100 block of West 103rd Street when a 24-year-old man was shot in the chest and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in critical condition, according to police.
The man was later pronounced dead. There were no witnesses immediately available to the shooting, and the investigation remains ongoing.
Earlier in the day, a 19-year-old man was inside a residence in the 6900 block of South Walcott just before 3 a.m. when a man opened fire, striking him in the head.
The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in critical condition, and authorities are still searching for a suspect in the shooting.
Here are the rest of Saturday’s shootings:
- In the 4800 block of South Princeton at approximately 2:10 a.m., a 33-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk when a person in a light colored sedan fired shots, striking him in the right hip. He was taken to Stroger in stable condition, according to police.
- Two men were shot in the 1200 block of West 83rd Street at noon, according to police. A 38-year-old man was shot in the chest and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition. A 30-year-old man was shot in the thigh and was taken to St. Bernard, where he was also in stable condition.
- Two men approached a 24-year-old man in the 400 block of South Kedzie at approximately 1:07 p.m., according to police. The men opened fire, striking the victim in the upper body. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in fair condition.
- A 45-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot in the thigh, according to police. The incident occurred in the 13300 block of South Calumet at approximately 4:47 p.m., and the man was taken to Christ Hospital after the shooting.
- In the 1300 block of North Cleveland at approximately 5:03 p.m., a 28-year-old man was shot in the leg and taken to Northwestern, where he is in good condition, according to police.
- A 25-year-old man was walking in the 600 block of North Avers when a sedan pulled up and an occupant opened fire, striking him in the buttocks and back, according to police. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he is in serious condition.
No one is in custody in any of the above shootings, unless otherwise noted.