Chicago police say one person is dead and at least 19 others have been injured in shootings across the city so far this weekend.
The first fatal shooting of the weekend was reported just before 3 a.m. Saturday in the 5100 block of West Madison.
According to police, a man and a woman were standing in a large group of people at a gas station when shots rang out. A 52-year-old man was shot in the head and leg, and was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
A 62-year-old woman was also shot in the head, abdomen, and lower backside, and was taken to Mount Sinai, where she was later pronounced dead, according to police.
A third victim, a 24-year-old woman, showed up at an area hospital a short time later after being shot in the back during the incident. She was listed in critical condition, police said.
Police say that witnesses described a person inside a black Dodge Charger firing shots at the group.
It is unclear at this time if the victims were the intended targets of the shooting.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings so far:
- In the 7000 block of South Vincennes at approximately 6:19 p.m., a 19-year-old man was on the street when he was shot in the right arm, according to police. He was taken to an area hospital, where he was listed in good condition.
- A 49-year-old man was traveling in a vehicle in the 7300 block of South Kingston at approximately 7:18 p.m. when a person on the street fired shots at him, striking him in the right arm. Police say the man was driven to an area hospital, where he was listed in good condition.
- Just before 8 p.m. in the 11500 block of South Prairie, a 56-year-old woman was sitting on the front porch of a home when she was shot in the neck. She was taken to an area hospital, where her condition has stabilized, according to police.
- Police say a 27-year-old man was walking from his vehicle to his home in the 8300 block of South Aberdeen at approximately 8:25 p.m. when he was shot by a person riding in a silver Buick sedan. The man was hit in the armpit, and was taken to an area hospital, where his condition has stabilized.
- In the 2600 block of West 24th Street at approximately 1:37 a.m., a 14-year-old boy was outside when he got into an altercation with a group of people. Police say the teen was stabbed twice in the shoulder and was repeatedly punched and kicked before being shot in the arm. He was taken to an area hospital, where he was listed in serious condition.
- A 23-year-old man walked into an area hospital after being shot in the back, according to police. The man was uncooperative with authorities and refused to provide details of the incident. He was also unable to provide an address where the shooting took place.
- At approximately 2:15 a.m. in the 200 block of North Laramie, a 25-year-old man said he was standing in an alley when he heard shots and felt pain in his leg. He was taken to an area hospital by a friend, and was listed in fair condition, police said.
- Four people were shot at approximately 6:20 a.m. in the 3500 block of West Walnut, police said. The victims were standing outside when an offender approached in an unknown vehicle and started firing a weapon in their direction. A 36-year-old man was struck in the left foot. The second victim, a 33-year-old woman, was struck to the right ankle, police said. A 35-year-old man sustained injuries to the left leg, and a 34-year-old man was struck on the left side of his chest and left leg. All four victims were listed in stable condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- At approximately 9:20 a.m. in the 300 block of West 110th Street, a 63-year-old man was sitting on his couch when an unknown offender fired a shot through a door, striking the victim. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in good condition.
- In the 0-100 block of East 21st Street at approximately 11:45 a.m., a 44-year-old man was critically injured when an unknown offender fired a gun after an argument, striking the victim in the right side of the abdomen. The victim was said to be in critical condition.
- A 34-year-old man was inside a parked vehicle at approximately 2:05 p.m. in the 3900 block of West Jackson Boulevard when he was shot in the neck by an unknown individual, according to police. He was reported to be in critical condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- In the 7100 block of South Normal at approximately 1:36 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was in an apartment when he was shot by an unknown offender, police stated. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in serious condition.
- A 28-year-old man was on the street at approximately 4:10 p.m. in the 10200 block of South State when an unknown vehicle pulled up, and someone inside fired shots, police stated. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the left foot and was taken to Roseland Hospital in good condition.
- At approximately 5:39 p.m. in the 4100 block of West 47th Street, a 21-year-old man was on the street when a vehicle pulled up and an unknown offender inside produced a gun and fired shots, according to police. The victim was shot in the right arm and reported to be in good condition.