At the Chicago Food Stop along the Magnificent Mile, visitors have a chance to experience some of what Chicago neighborhoods have to offer while soaking in an otherworldly shopping experience.
“The city has covered rent, buildout and all the upfront costs of being in this space for all of the neighborhood businesses,” said Natalia Kapani, Director of Public Sector Investment Strategy at World Business Chicago.
“We have investment in neighborhood businesses, but we are bringing them to the mag mile to make sure we have foot traffic back here, for not only the Hancock Tower, but for all of the businesses that are along the corridor.”
Feeling out of the loop? We'll catch you up on the Chicago news you need to know. Sign up for the weekly Chicago Catch-Up newsletter here.
World Business Chicago has partnered with the following vendors:
- Here Here Market : selling memorable food moments with curated gift boxes, artisanal products and other culinary delights from notable and up-and-coming Chicago chefs, restaurateurs and food artisans
- Greater Chatham Initiative : featuring local neighborhood vendors from the South Side organization’s Food Labs Program
- Choose Chicago : featuring different Chicago-based retailers and vendors every month.
- Chicago Highschool for Agricultural Sciences: students are staffing the pop up and sell products.
- Farmer’s Fridge – a Chicago based fresh food vending machine
- Chicago History Museum – photo exhibition from the Chicago History Museum's Chicago Sun-times photographs collection
The Chicago Food Stop pop up is now open on the first floor , and will run through at least March 2023.