Four people are dead and at least 21 more have been wounded in shootings across Chicago this weekend.
The weekend's first fatality occurred on Saturday afternoon in the city's Austin neighborhood. Two men were sitting on a porch in the 5200 block of West Ferdinand at approximately 2:34 p.m. when a man walked up to them and opened fire.
A 21-year-old man suffered multiple gunshot wounds to his head and body, and was pronounced dead on the scene. A 25-year-old man was shot in the ankle and was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
The shooter fled the scene after opening fire, and no one is in custody, according to police.
A short time later, a second person was killed in the 11200 block of South Michigan Avenue, according to police. A 19-year-old man was shot in the back by a person who got out of a dark colored SUV and opened fire.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
A 15-year-old boy was shot in the leg in the city’s Austin neighborhood just before 10:30 a.m. Saturday morning. He was taken to West Suburban Hospital in stable condition, and no one is in custody in connection with the shooting.
Two people were shot in the 5900 block of South Western at approximately 4:45 a.m. Saturday morning. The victims were in a vehicle traveling westbound when a van pulled up alongside the car and an occupant opened fire.
A 24-year-old man was shot in the head and was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition, and an 18-year-old woman was shot in the thigh and was taken to Stroger in stable condition.
- A 29-year-old man was shot in the calf in the 1300 block of South Troy at approximately 4:22 p.m. He was taken in stable condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
- In the 5900 block of West Diversey at approximately 6:35 p.m., a 33-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk when an unknown man walked up to him and opened fire. He was taken to Loyola Hospital in serious condition with a gunshot wound to his shoulder.
- A 22-year-old man was shot in the left leg in the 3300 block of West Marquette. A person in a passing Nissan sedan fired shots at him while he was standing on a sidewalk. He was taken to Holy Cross in good condition.
- A 34-year-old man was shot in the right leg and taken to Community First Hospital in good condition. The incident occurred around 1 a.m. in the 2500 block of North Marmora when the victim was sitting in a parked car.
- A 22-year-old man was shot at a party in the 3300 block of West Jackson at approximately 1:30 a.m. Two people attempted to enter the party uninvited, and after an argument ensued one of the men pulled out a gun and opened fire. The victim was taken to Loretto in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his foot.
- An intoxicated 31-year-old man was walking down a street and was shot in the 7100 block of West Diversey at approximately 2:18 a.m. He was taken to Illinois Masonic in stable condition.
- Two people were shot in the 5900 block of South Western at approximately 4:45 a.m. The victims were in a vehicle when a van pulled alongside the car and opened fire. A 24-year-old man was taken to Stroger in critical condition with a gunshot wound to his head, and an 18-year-old woman was taken to Stroger with a gunshot wound to her leg. She is in stable condition.
- A 27-year-old man was in his home in the 7000 block of South Carpenter at approximately 6:15 a.m. when someone shot him in the temple. He was taken to Christ Hospital in serious condition.
- A 15-year-old boy was shot in the leg in the 600 block of North Leamington at approximately 10:27 a.m. He was taken to West Suburban Hospital in stable condition.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the left thigh in the 4700 block of West Belmont at approximately 12:50 p.m. He was sitting in a car when a man walked up to the vehicle and fired shots at him. He was taken to Illinois Masonic in stable condition.
- A 25-year-old man was shot in the cheek in the 1700 block of West Harrison. He refused to tell police when he was shot, or any other circumstances surrounding the shooting. He was listed in good condition at Rush Hospital.
- A 20-year-old man was shot in the left foot in the 600 block of South Austin at approximately 5:45 p.m. He was taken to Loretto Hospital in good condition.
- Two people were shot in the 8700 block of South Wallace just before 6 p.m., according to police. A 19-year-old was shot in the left foot while standing outside, and a 20-year-old was shot in the right hand. both were taken to local hospitals in good condition.
- Just before 11 p.m., a 19-year-old man was shot in the foot in the 0-100 block of North Leclaire. The teen told police he was standing on the street when two men walked up and one of them fired shots in his direction. He was taken to West Suburban Medical Center in good condition.
- A 24-year-old man was shot multiple times in the midsection just after 1 a.m. in the 5800 block of South King Drive. The man was traveling in a vehicle when another vehicle pulled alongside them and someone openered fire in his direction. The 24-year-old was shot and taken to University of Chicago Hospital by an aquaitance. He was listed in serious but stable condition.
- Minutes before 4 a.m., a 26-year-old man was shot while riding in a vehicle in the 1200 block of West Van Buren. The vehicle was at a stop light at Van Buren and Racine when another car pulled up and exchanged words with the victim before opening fire. The gunman fled westbound on I-290 in a Dodge Challenger.
- A 55-year-old man shot himself in the hand around 6 p.m. while cleaning a weapon. The man took himself to Holy Cross Hospital in stable condition. He is a conceal carry holder, police said,
- A 31-year-old man shot a 34-year-old man who tried to rob him as he came out of a retail store around 6:15 p.m. in the 1200 block of South Jefferson, police said. The 34-year-old man was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition and later pronounced dead. Police said he was armed when he took items from the 31-year-old man before being shot. A death investigation was underway Tuesday, according to authorities.
- A man whose age was not known was shot while standing on a sidewalk just after midnight Monday, Christmas Day.m in the 8100 block of South Wabash. The man was approached by two other men who fired shots. The was shot in the head and chest and pronounced dead at St. Bernard's.
- A 26-year-old woman was shot in the leg and hand just before 6 p.m. in the 6300 block of South Hamilton. She took herself to Holy Cross Hospital, police said. Details on what happened or her condition weren't immediately available.
No one is in custody in any of these shootings unless otherwise noted.