Looking for a beer scene among the best in the country? Chicago has you covered, according to a new report.
Local breweries took multiple spots in several categories of USA Today 10Best’s third annual Readers’ Choice beer awards.
The publication posted the results Friday after four weeks of daily reader voting. Though no local beers or breweries took first place in any of the categories, they still managed to take up quite a few spots on the ranking.
The categories were Best New Brewery, Best Beer Bar, Best Beer Festival, Best Beer Label, Best Beer Scene, Best Brewery Tour and Best Brewpub.
Here are all the local breweries, beers and more that placed in the poll:
- Forbidden Root Restaurant & Brewery, Chicago: Seventh-best brewpub
- Old Irving Brewing Co., Chicago: 10th-best brewpub
- The Open Bottle, Tinley Park: Third-best beer bar
- 3 Floyds Brewing Co., Munster, Indiana: The brewery's Dark Lord Day took 10th place for best beer festival
- Solemn Oath Brewery, Naperville: The brewery's Butterfly Flashmobbeer 10th place for best beer label
- Hop Butcher For The World, Chicago: The brewery's Two Flat beer took seventh place for best beer label
- Dovetail Brewery, Chicago: Ninth-best brewery tour
- Chicago: The city's beer scene was named the country's seventh-best
Munster's 3 Floyds, consistently ranked one of the world's best brewers by beer enthusiast website RateBeer.com, in February filed plans for a massive expansion. The Munster plan commission approved the plan and sent it to a general city council vote earlier this month.