Fourteen of the top 100 public high schools in the country are in Illinois, according to a report released Wednesday.
Niche, a website that provides reviews of schools across the country, released its annual list of the best public high schools in America - a ranking in which Illinois was well-represented, even taking the top spot.
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy in west suburban Aurora was ranked first in the U.S., according to Niche. Three other schools - two in Chicago and one in the northern suburbs - claimed spots in country's top ten as well.
The 2019 report was generated based on "rigorous analysis of academic and student life data from the U.S. Department of Education along with test scores, college data, and ratings collected from millions of Niche users," the site said.
Factors considered include academics - weighted at 60 percent and including state assessment proficiency, SAT/ACT scores and more - as well as culture and diversity, parent and student surveys, health and safety, and more.
The fourteen schools across Illinois that ranked in the top 100 were as follows:
1. Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy
3. Walter Payton College Prep
8. Northside College Preparatory High School
9. Adlai E. Stevenson High School
14. Whitney M. Young Magnet High School
38. New Trier Township High School
44. Jones College Prep High School
47. Vernon Hills High School
61. Hinsdale Central High School
66. Libertyville High School
68. Lane Tech College Prep High School
71. Glenbrook South High School
95. Neuqua Valley High School
99. Naperville Central High School